NIPR Advisory Panel
The work of NIPR is supported by an Advisory Panel consisting of representatives of Northern Ireland libraries and publishing activity.
Role of the NIPR Advisory Panel
- To provide advice and harness the expertise of its members to help ensure that NIPR’s plans are formulated and carried out effectively, and to provide appropriate support.
- To advise and assist the NIPR Manager and Board in identifying and securing the widest possible range of publications in building a comprehensive collection of Northern Ireland material.
- To advise and assist the NIPR Manager and Board in managing collection development policies, following best practice in library policy and procedures.
- To promote the work of NIPR in the publishing and library sector, and across the wider community.
- To provide an opportunity for those with professional expertise, or engaged in the publishing sector, to consider the wider work of NIPR and to become involved in carrying out its mission.
- To review the work and policies of the NIPR scheme and provide recommendations where appropriate.
The Advisory Panel normally meets three times each year.
The current Chair is Dr Jessica Bates, the Course Director for the Library and Information Management course at Ulster University.
From time to time the Advisory Panel seeks to expand its membership. If you would be interested in becoming a member please contact Dr Bates (email@example.com).
Advisory Panel Membership
The Advisory Panel provides the advice and expertise of its members to help ensure that NIPR’s plans are formulated and carried out effectively, and to provide appropriate support.